Netflix has announced that they are producing a live-action series adaptation of Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi). Ten Shimoyama who’s known for directing SHINOBI – Heart Under Blade, will be direct this series. The show will be shot in 4K resolution and will be filmed in Tomakomai City, where the manga was set in.
Netflix even announced some of the main cast:
Top row, left to right:
- Reo Uchikawa as Satoru Fujinuma (Younger Self)
- Mio Yūki as Airi Katagiri
- Rinka Kakihara as Kayo Hinazuki (Younger Self)
Middle row, left to right:
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Gaku Yashiro
- Yūki Furukawa as Satoru Fujinuma (adult)
- Tomoka Kurotani as Sachiko Fujinuma
Bottom row, left to right:
- Noriko Eguchi as Akemi Hinazuki
- Jin Shirasu as Kenya Kobayashi (adult)
- Hidekazu Mishima as Sawada
ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) is a Japanese fantasy thriller seinen manga series written and illustrated by Kei Sanbe, which was serialized in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine between June 4, 2012 and March 4, 2016 and is licensed in English by Yen Press. The manga was was giving an anime adaptation by A-1 Pictures aired on Fuji TV’s Noitamina. The anime aired on January 8, 2016 through March 25, 2016. A live action film was released on March 19, 2016. A spin-off novel series by Hajime Ninomae and was released in Kadokawa’s Bungei Kadokawa magazine between November 2015 to March 2016 and a spin-off manga series by Sanbe began its serialization in Young Ace on June 4, 2016.