- This event has passed.
The King’s Arena – No Fool’s Glory
April 15, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - April 16, 2017 @ 2:00 am| $10
Throughout the centuries warriors and fighters have come together to determine who was the greatest amongst them. From the Roman Gladiators to modern day boxers and fighters. Spanning all races and ethnic backgrounds from Chinese Martial Arts to Dambe fighting of West Africa.
For you the invitation has been given. The tournament set for the Kings to find their champions. The only path to victory, is defeating the best warriors present. Bring forth your greatest effort. Battle your way towards glory. The honor is all yours at: THE KING’S ARENA!
“Warriors are you ready? Deciding battles are near! And it’s time to bring forth new champions. You will earn your victory on this day. THE GLORY IS ALL YOURS!
at…THE KING’S ARENA.”
THE KING’S ARENA (TKA)
Saturday April 15-16th, 2017
WIT GAMING LOUNGE
481 N Commons Dr Ste F, Aurora, IL 60504
* Venue will open it’s doors at 12PM. Tournament runs until completion.
The venue fee will only cost you $10 at the door.
THE KING’S ARENA Official Tournament Games Roster, Entry Fees, and Start Times:
* 4:00PM – BlazBlue: Central Fiction / PS4 / $10 entry fee
* 5:30PM – Guilty Gear XRD: Revelator / PS4 / $10 entry fee
* 7:00PM – Soul Caliber 2/ PS3 / $5 entry fee
* 9:00PM – Vampire Savior/ PS3 / $5 entry fee
* 4:00PM – The King Of Fighters XIV / PS4 / $10 entry fee
* 5:00PM – Street Fighter V / PS4 / $10 entry fee
* 6:30PM – Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 / PS4 / $10 entry fee
* 8:00PM – Tekken Tag Tournament 2 / PS3 / $10 entry fee
Official Tournament Layout:
* IMPORTANT: PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK-IN (OR REGISTER) FOR YOUR TOURNAMENT 30 MINUTES BEFORE IT STARTS. *
* Every official tournament game ran will be using Double Elimination brackets.
* All tournament games will be played 2 out of 3 matches in every round of the tournament until Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played 3 out of 5 matches.
* Round Robin will ONLY be used if we absolutely need to. And if agreed upon by the participating players in a tournament game that has 6 entrants or less.
* COACHING OF ANY KIND IS NOT ALLOWED DURING TOURNAMENT MATCHES. You are allowed to coach and give advice to your peers/friends after their tournament set is over.
Tournament Game Specific Rules:
* Street Fighter V – Kanzuki Beach Stage is banned for tournament play
* The King Of Fighters XIV – Verse and Antonov are allowed to be played
* Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – You are NOT allowed to play Solo characters in tournament play
* BlazBlue: Central Fiction – All characters are allowed to be played
* Guilty Gear XRD: Revelator – No Bans
* Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 – No Bans
Official Tournament Pot Bonuses Info:
Official Tournament Payout will be as follows (UPDATED: 3/23/2017):
* Less than 10 entrants – pays out top 2 (70/30)
* between 10 and 19 entrants – pays out top 3 (60/30/10)
* between 20 and 29 entrants – pays out top 4 (50/30/15/5)
* between 30 and 44 entrants – pays out top 5 (45/20/15/10/5/5)
* 45 entrants or more – pays out top 8 (40/20/15/10/5/5/2.5/2.5)
Tournament Venue Info, Suggestions, and Rules (UPDATED: 3/23/2017):
* There is free parking inside the parking lot of the venue.
* You ARE allowed to bring in outside food/drink THAT IS NOT already sold inside the tournament venue.
* Please DO NOT put your drinks on the tables where monitors, gaming consoles, controllers, computers or anything electrical is present.
* NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE VENUE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
* You may smoke cigarettes and e-cigs outside of the tournament venue in the desginated smoking area.
* Please throw away your trash.
* Please wash your hands in the bathroom after eating or using the bathroom.
* Please wear deodorant. And please shower before coming to the tournament.
* Please DO NOT (intentionally) disrespect ANYONE at the tournament venue. DO NOT be loud or disruptive OUTSIDE the tournament venue either. Hype is okay, but PLEASE keep it inside the tournament venue walls. Make your best effort to show good sportsmanship at all times.
* IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE CAUGHT BREAKING ANY OF THE TOURNAMENT VENUE RULES, OR REFUSE TO COMPLY WITH THE VENUE RULES AND WISHES OF THE TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATION, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE VENUE. *
Points Of Interest and Nearby Hotel Info (UPDATED: 10/15/2016):
* Quality Inn (directly behind the tournament venue) 4005 Gabrielle Ln, Aurora, IL 60504 / phone #: (630) 820-3400
* IMPORTANT: Quality Inn is offering a 15% discount if you mention you’re there/booking for WIT GAMING. *
* Super 8 (two blocks away from tournament venue) 4228 Longmeadow Dr, Aurora, IL 60504 / phone #: (630) 898-5419
* Staybridge Suites (one mile away from tournament venue) 4320 Meridian Pkwy, Aurora, IL 60504 / phone #: (630) 978-2222
Suggested Places To Eat Nearby
* Papa Fresco’s (directly next door of tournament venue)
* White Castle
* Golden Corral (Buffet)
* IMPORTANT: GOOGLE MAP the suggested places to eat nearby (mentioned above) to find their exact location. Or the type in the search bar the type of food you’re in the mood for, and see if there’s something close by in the area that’s just for you. *
We’re looking forward to seeing you all at this event. There are many battles to be fought. The invitation of VICTORY has been given to you all. But ONLY the strongest will be called CHAMPION. At…THE KING’S ARENA!